Active Wound Management: The Young and The Restless
"Active Wound Management is crucial to post frenectomy healing"
Active wound management is critical to post frenectomy treatment. Here is my philosophy to treating wounds in small children and infants after this procedure is done:
• Practice-Based Evidence (Less than 2% reattachment with
protocol in ~800 cases of known TOTs and decreasing)
• Most effective minimal dose
• Avoidance of aversion
• Goal is to separate wound to guide healing by secondary
intention avoiding reattachment
• No lubricants during, want to achieve traction
• Hydration and reduction of inflammation helps (Tincture Story)
• Simple is better with stressed families!